Ok..it is 11:51pm and I found myself doing everything imaginable except blogging. Not, I hasten to add, that the world truly cares about what I write..but it fits nicely into my obsessive personality. At least I got some more Fodor’s work in today. It was Vishaal’s birthday today and Alvin’s tomorrow and nothing was arranged so loopy me went ahead and suggested that everyone pop by my place on Tuesday for a pleasant little evening and I would cook. Keeping in mind my workload…well what should be my workload…this was not the wisest thing to do as I never know when to stop when it comes to cooking. Thankfully Omar popped up from South to help me get a jump on things. Unfortunately, his zeal to assist was somewhat tempered by being under the weather and suddenly realizing he had internet access. In any case I have basically planned what I want to do and did a bit of prep work with the icky bits like boning chicken in advance and marinating it in Yoghurt and spices. Omar was quite decorative on the couch, though, and I enjoy cooking more knowing that someone else is around for moral support. He will be put to good use tomorrow as I have to work in the afternoon which gives me about 3.5 hours to get everything together. The plan, as it stands, is for a simple and eclectic assortment of comestibles. My tentative list includes:
- Coconut chicken curry with cinnamon and cardamon.
- Saffron rice with lightly roasted cashews.
- Quiche with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and nutmeg ( thinking about glazing it but that might be too OTT)
- Vern’s Caesar salad…the true recipe for which I will pass on to only my closest confidantes.
- Mini pitas with a yoghurt, cream cheese and red onion dip ( the jerk flavour will be a surprise).
- Pasta Arrabbiata with added capers because I love them.